Tuesday, August 4, 2009

updates...

Hmm...where to start? God is awesome! We are blessed. I think I will take it one by one...

Grace- She is doing great. She is sassy and sweet and everything in between! We were unable to make her appt at UVA due to car problems and our flight being cancelled thanks to Obama being in the area, but we will be contacting her doctor via email instead. She is still choking, but her runny nose and coughing has improved so much. God is good!

Zachary- He was officially diagnosed with autism. I am not sure that I have posted that yet. We have started Paxil and aren't seeing a difference yet, but it can take up to 3 weeks, so are waiting. He is having more bad days, he is stuttering a lot and the need for consistancy is increasing. We just have to take it day by day. Please pray that he will start to sleep better, we have started melatonin and it seemed to be working for a couple weeks, and now, he is waking at night and wandering again.

Joshua- He is onry! He is feeling his oats (I think that is the saying) We are trying to find a discipline that works with him so that we can get him under control, slow and steady wins the race right? He goes back to school at the end of the month and mommy is so happy, I think he is too. He loves swimming, he is becoming quite the fish and he has a tender heart.

Devon- He is in Oregon visting family. :( We miss him so very much. He is having a great time though and is being able to do so much more than he can here. Can't wait until he gets home.

James- He was diagnosed with Sleep apnea and we are praying that he can get his CPAP soon so he can get quality sleep and hopefully get his blood pressure under control. He is in serious talk with a company in West Virginia about a 5 year contract. We are praying for God's guidance because that would be a BIG move.

Maryanna- I am ok. I had a heart thing that sent me to the hospital a week or so ago. My pulse was 256 and I was diagnosed with SVT (basically a really fast heart rate that is caused my a weird current in my heart) I went to the Cardio on Friday and he is running a bunch of tests, put me on a beta blocker and referred me for an abaltion. In great God news, I made praise team at church and am so very excited to be able to sing praises to an amazing God.

Our van is dying a slow and painful death. The transmission needs to be replaced and there is something wrong with the engine (it won't start easily) The other day I was sitting at a stop light and my car just died. Thankfully it was not on the interstate. :) We are praying that we can find a way to get it repaired. We have faith that God is in control of ALL things and that He can make way.

Well, I think that is all, praying that all is well for all of you!

Love you you all!

2 comments:

  1. Maryanna- wow! Hands full! I've been lurker on your site for some time- I think I commented once before surgery. You have a lot of pots in the fire! I hope I can give you a helpful tidbit here- I have been seeing an alternative type of Dr. for my stomach issues, and they got a hold of my son as well (who struggles basically with adhd- but was also tested on the autism spectrum- but negative test). She recommended I put him on Fish oil- to boost his Omega 3's. I started putting 2 tbsp's in a small cup of juice (no colors!), and within a week he was a totally different child!!! Really, the difference was remarkable! When we ran out, I tried to go a few days without it until I could get to the health food store, and ended up going that night- he was THAT different. I hope something helps you guys soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for that tip Sandy! I will have to try that. My dad is always saying that we need more Omega 3, he might actually be right for once. (Ok, so he has been right many time, I just don't admit it to him) Thanks!! Maryanna

    ReplyDelete