Friday, July 3, 2009

Sorry for the lack of updates!

I am so sorry for the lack of updates. Things have been crazy to say the least. Tuesday we decided to go to DC because we were staying in the area until Grace's followup on Wed anyway. It was really fun. It was nice for the kids to get to do something special and get Grace's mind off of everything.

Unfortunatley, we ended up in the ER on Wed evening following our appt with the ENT. Grace was obviously dehydrated and in much pain. She would do nothing all day but cry and sit in my arms. After 4 attempts they were able to get an IV in and gave her lots of fluids. They let me have the decision to keep her or to let us drive home. I decided to come home, praying she would start drinking once she was in her normal element. Not the case. She has had one wet diaper in 24 hrs and that was not very wet. So, we are going to the Children's ER today, more than likely to be admitted again. Another holiday away from family.

Please pray for Grace. She is just miserable. Yesterday she slept most of the day and when she was awake she was crying in pain and wanting to be held. She really wants to eat and drink, or she did, she really won't even try much anymore. The previous days, she would stick things in her mouth and cry because she was so hungry, yet the pain was so bad she couldn't swallow anything. There were times that I just cried along with her.

Also, yesterday Devon woke up throwing up and was sick all day, last night, Zachary woke up throwing up at 2:30am he was covered in puke as he calls it.

Guys, I won't lie, I am weary. With all this medical stuff and now the flu, I feel sometimes we can't get a break. Then I think of other families who have kids that have terminal illnesses and am reminded that while we have a lot on our plate, that it is not even close to what these families are experiencing. Please pray that I remember those that are less fortunate and remember that God has been faithful, therefore I must be too. There is some other stuff that I could really use prayers for that don't belong here (for those that know me personally, no it's NOT my marriage)

Thank you all for your prayers, I know that God hears every one of them and I trust that HE is in control.

Love you all!

2 comments:

  1. Please let us know if you'll be traveling again. Praying for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope everything is better! You are a trooper. Love to you all!

    ReplyDelete